Mailbox February 2019


Beth Palubinsky <bpalubinsky@gmail.com>
To:Arthur L. Finkle
Feb 10 at 5:04 PM
Arthur, thanks for the email.

I am certain that my parents, Joe and Jessie Zelnick, knew the Segotskys; the name is familiar to me, though it's been decades since our farm days.   And could your Toms River Zelnicks have been my grandparents?  Hard to know.  Some Zelnick relatives recently surfaced from whom my grandparents and parents had become detached; I think they had a connection to my grandparents' farm for a time.  I'll have to dig up some old notes.

I don't have mountains of memories of our family's farming activities but many, for sure, and I would be pleased to chat with you.  I'm in Philadelphia and you're on or near the Main Line, do I have that right?  Maybe make a date to talk over coffee?   And if you have Gert Dubrovsky's book, The Land Was Theirs, dive in and meet my father and many of the people with whom we had very close ties from my childhood onward.  

Hope we can talk soon.

Warmly,

Beth


Beth Z. Palubinsky
Life-Cycle Celebrant
215-386-8152


March 10, 2019

Learn about the Greater Trenton Jewish Cemetery Project

Hello, Cousin, I hope  all is well with you.  I was really excited to get this email, I would love to see my parents' graves..  But I simply could not find any mention of "People of Truth" cemetery, Trenton,, NJ.  Is the cemetery on any list?  Can you help me?  Do I have the wrong name??  I hope your May activity goes well.  But I can't share this activity with my relatives until I can figure out how it works.  And I'm not on Facebook.

Regards,

Cousin Estelle Finkle







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Downtown Trenton, 1929

BobeshelaStaff, 1920's and 1930's

Avraham and Rivkah Swern