Comments, July 2026

   

sharonkays

Aug 1, 2026, 2:55 PM (17 hours ago)

to me

Thanks so much for all this great history.  Love reading about it.  Sharon 

On Saturday, August 1, 2026, 11:02 AM, afinkle 

Trenton-Princeton-Bucks Jewish  Historical Society, 

August 2026

 

 

 

Lynda Sacharov

6:26 AM (2 hours ago)

to me

 

I found this astounding!  I had no idea so many of these “familiar” people were Jewish. I was less astounded to learn of their accomplishments…. as we Jews are an “astounding “ people. 😊

 

It was extremely enjoyable reading this article. Thank you Arthur for sharing.

 

Lynda.

 

 

Nobel Prize 1908   Paul Ehrlich


Paul Ehrlich 14 March 1854 – 20 August 1915)] was a German physician and scientist who worked in the fields of hematology, immunology and antimicrobial chemotherapy. He shared the 1908 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine with Élie Metchnikoff "in recognition of their work on immunity".] Among his foremost achievements were finding a cure for syphilis in 1909 and inventing an important modification of the technique for Gram staining bacteria. The methods he developed for staining tissue made it possible to distinguish between different types of blood cells, which led to the ability to diagnose numerous blood diseases.

His laboratory discovered arsphenamine (Salvarsan), the first antimicrobial drug and first effective medicinal treatment for syphilis, thereby initiating and also naming the concept of chemotherapy. Ehrlich introduced the concept of a magic bullet. He also made a decisive contribution to the development of an antiserum to combat diphtheria and conceived a method for standardizing therapeutic serums.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  Malcolm Drezner commented on your photo in Trenton Jewish Historical Society .       Finkle Art shared a photo in Trenton Jewish Historical Society May 21 at 11:31 AM   Bill Faherty, Al Downing, Mayor Holland  26   Like Comment Share Malcolm Drezner    Let’s remember mayor Holland ran from Trenton when ...  See more Like Comment Sun Aug 23, 5:43am Comment history   Malcolm R Casway    Al was a great human being, a great student as well...  See more Like Comment Wed Jun 3, 2:08pm Finkle Art    1968  Like Comment Sat Mar 7, 8:34am Donna Rae Auletto    Anybody know what year this pic was taken?  Like Comment Fri May 21, 1:53pm Barbara Joan Hawley-Burke    Al was a year ahead of me at THS.  Like Comment Fri May 21, 11:36am  

   

 

   

 

   

   

 

Malcolm Drezner commented on your photo in Trenton Jewish Historical Society.

 

   

Finkle Art shared a photo in Trenton Jewish Historical Society

May 21 at 11:31 AM

 

Bill Faherty, Al Downing, Mayor Holland 

26

 


Malcolm Drezner  Let’s remember mayor Holland ran from Trenton when ... See more



Comment history

 

Malcolm R Casway  Al was a great human being, a great student as well... See more



Donna Rae Auletto  Anybody know what year this pic was taken? 



Barbara Joan Hawley-Burke  Al was a year ahead of me at THS. 

  Steven Sacks-Wilner commented on Sandi Levy Goldberg's photo in Trenton Jewish Historical Society .       Sandi Levy Goldberg shared 2 photos in Trenton Jewish Historical Society October 20 at 6:06 PM   This school started on Market Street, known as Talm...  See more     33   Like Comment Share Steven Sacks-Wilner    Neither. What is now Abrams Hebrew Academy  Like Comment Sun Aug 23, 10:30am Comment history   Malcolm R Casway    Sandi Levy Goldberg Hello Sandy, how are you? I gu...  See more Like Comment Tue Jul 28, 10:29am Malcolm R Casway      Like Comment Tue Jul 14, 10:01am Malcolm R Casway    These pictures are all relics . They should be well...  See more Like Comment Tue Jul 14, 10:01am Malcolm R Casway    I went Rabbi kohns house before the week of my bar ...  See more Like Comment Tue Jun 23, 4:59pm David Hodes    Malcolm R Casway Mr. Dardic was a creep. When I mi...  See more Like Comment Mon Jun 22, 5:17pm Malcolm R Casway    Judee Algazi Yes he was, I remember him throwing a...  See more Like Comment Fri Jun 5, 9:32am Judee Algazi    Edward I. Dobin I remember that my mother, Rae Abr...  See more Like Comment Fri Jun 5, 7:15am View full conversation  

 

 

   

   

 

Steven Sacks-Wilner commented on Sandi Levy Goldberg's photo in Trenton Jewish Historical Society.

 



Steven Sacks-Wilner  Neither. What is now Abrams Hebrew Academy 


Comment history

 

Malcolm R Casway  Sandi Levy Goldberg
Hello Sandy, how are you?
I gu...
See more

Like

Comment

Tue Jul 28, 10:29am

Malcolm R Casway   


Malcolm R Casway  These pictures are all relics .
They should be well...
See more



Malcolm R Casway  I went Rabbi kohns house before the week of my bar ... See more


David Hodes  Malcolm R Casway Mr. Dardic was a creep. When I mi... See more

Like

Comment

Mon Jun 22, 5:17pm

Malcolm R Casway  Judee Algazi
Yes he was, I remember him throwing a...
See more


m

Judee Algazi  Edward I. Dobin I remember that my mother, Rae Abr... See more

 

 ·

Shared with Public

Gil Sussman was the Mercer County Table Tennis Champ of Mercer County in the 1930s.

Renee Glickmanposted toTrenton Jewish Historical Society

Renee Glickman

 ·

O͏c͏t͏o͏b͏e͏r͏ ͏7͏,͏ ͏2͏0͏2͏3͏

 ·

Born at Mercer Hospital and raised in Trenton ! Gregory School then Junior 3, then Trenton HS ( graduated 1960)

My dad (Gilbert Sussman)owned Starr Tours and after his death at 53, my brother Mitch and my husband Alan ran the business.

Happily now, my daughter Sandy and her husband Pete are  taking Starr into the future!

George W. Case III

 ·

Art I never knew you went to Gregory School - my mom and dad went there also and of course many years later you and I attended Rutgers together! My.father lived on Prospect Street and my mom on Passaic Street. And they also attended Jr.3 and TCHS so I guess you also lived in that section of Trenton!

Reply

Malcolm R Casway

 ·

Didn’t he own a bus company from Trenton to Morrisville?

Reply

Renee Glickman

 ·

Thanks Arthur!!!

Reply

Richard Ross

 ·

Weren’t Gil and Ed Silverglade championship ping pong partners?

Reply

Jeff Doranz

 ·

Good to know Starr Transit lives on!

Reply

Richard Farber

 ·

I also went to Gregory School, then to Jr. 3. Safety Patrol at front door!

Reply

Hilarie Altman

 ·

Mazel. Tov. Iam so happy for you that a third generation is taking over. Starr. Tours

Reply

 

No photo description available.

 

Gustav Hertz, Nobel Prize, Nobel Prize 1925

Electrons Can Only Have Specific Energies. However, Electrons, At A Certain Energy Level, Jumped To A Higher-Energy Orbit

Born in Hamburg on July 22nd, 1887, (1887-1975) Gustav Ludwig Hertz was, the son of a lawyer. His studies too him to Göttingen in 1906; he subsequently studied at the Universities of Munich and Berlin, graduating in 1911. appointed Research Assistant at the Physics Institute of Berlin University in 1913 . Howev… 

 

 

   

Finkle Art shared a photo in Trenton Jewish Historical Society

March 28 at 11:41 AM

 

Hinda Roth (Klinghofer) 

12

 

Like

Comment

Share

Barbara Koff  Honda was two years younger than me.I remember she ... See more

\

Comment history

 

Judee Algazi  Hinda and I played Mah jong 




 

   

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comments, Sept 2025